5 games in total. Page 1 of 1
In the early morning hours of April 5, 1894, a massive earthquake struck the Pacific Northwest, causing widespread damage and loss of life. One of the hardest hit areas was the city of Seattle, where buildings collapsed and fires broke out. Among the buildings destroyed was the Rainier Club, a popular gathering place for the city's business and social elite. In the aftermath of the disaster, the Rainier Club's members decided to rebuild their club. They commissioned the noted architect A. B. Fischer to design a new building, which was completed in 1896. The new club became a center of Seattle's social and business life, and its members played a leading role in the city's development. The Rainier Club continued to prosper in the years following the earthquake, and in 1925 it built an annex to accommodate its growing membership. The annex was designed by the noted architectural firm of Bebb and Gould, and it added significantly to the club's already impressive facilities. The Rainier Club remained a powerful force in Seattle's business and social life for many years, but in the late 20th century it began to decline. In 1992, the club's membership voted to sell the building, and it was purchased by a group of developers who converted it.